Acne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne

Been breaking out these past few months probably because of the stress and the situation we're in, so any recommendation on how to successfully get rid of acne?

It is crucial to consider the type of acne you had first then proceed on finding the cure for that.

Comment

Drink plenty of water and get enough sleep. It would also help if you clear your mind and don't stress too much.

Comment

• missRattypussy
        missRattypussy commented
        Editing a comment
        Drinking lots of water didn't work on my acne before lol but it definitely made me healthier.

KittyBush is right on this one, before looking for a cure, you need to know what type of acne you have because if you don't know it, there's a tendency that you will be using wrong products and it will make it worst.

Comment

To be safe, just go visit a dermatologist. That is much better than treating it on your own.

Comment

• LZA
          LZA commented
          Editing a comment
          maybe the reason why she asked advised in the forum because she's trying to save some money especially now that we are under a pandemic.

There are good skincare lines, I personally prefer The Ordinary products, they really help me with my acne before. I am even incorporating some of their serums in my skincare routine now.

Comment

Originally posted by NotoriousMOM View Post
          Drink plenty of water and get enough sleep. It would also help if you clear your mind and don't stress too much.
          Yes, this works like magic! Sometimes stress and dehydration plays a vital role in damaging skin than we ever know.

Comment

The medication would depends on the type of acne, so you should learn that first and you should also consider your skin type. But it would be best if you visit a dermatologist as they truly know the solution for it.

Comment

• IzzySteezy
              IzzySteezy commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely right, she'll be taking a great risk if she will try to cure it on her own.

I always watch skincare with Hyram on YouTube. He gives great advises for skin problem and he also explains how things work, the right products for a certain skin type and what products to use on different types of acne. He also give reviews on popular products. I suggest you watch him, you'll learn a lot.

Comment

• ExtraMantra
              ExtraMantra commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes me too I'm quite a fan of him, I like that he is giving proper reviews on different products and giving alternatives on expensive ones lol.

• DikeM
              DikeM commented
              Editing a comment
              ExtraMantra yeah, like I changed all the products on my skincare routine and I based it in his recommendations haha.

I agree with DikeM there are lots of YouTube videos about skincare to watch if you don't like reading articles about acne and also, some dermatologist has a YouTube channel just try and look for them.

Comment

There are articles online that you can read to be educated for this problem, I think it will help.

Comment

• BeachRun
                BeachRun commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, but I do believe that it is much easier if we let the professionals handle these type of problem since they know the best treatment. It will save time and avoid making things worsts.

Nah, don't know anything about this but I think its safer if you go to the doctor as they know the real thing to do.

Comment

• DaddyWarbucks
                DaddyWarbucks commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you bro, I don't know have any deep knowledge on this topic all I know is cleaning my face with my soap is enough to keep the dirt away lol.

• Dickie
                Dickie commented
                Editing a comment
                DaddyWarbucks I even use the soap as a shampoo sometimes lol.

You mentioned about stress so I think that is the main reason why you're breaking out. Stop stressing (on unnecessary things) and get rest as much as you can.

Comment

• RudeRudy
                RudeRudy commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, I'm surprise you knew something about acne lol.

• BillyOrgan
                BillyOrgan commented
                Editing a comment
                RudeRudy but absolutely not an expert lol. I just know a few things as I have a couple of female friends and they would discuss this topic sometimes.

• RudeRudy
                RudeRudy commented
                Editing a comment
                I literally don't pay attention when they started talking something like this cause I cannot relate at all lol.

Originally posted by SashaBangs View Post
              To be safe, just go visit a dermatologist. That is much better than treating it on your own.
              Yeah SashaBangs is right. Yes there are lots of information on internet for remedies but we don't know if that is the right one for our type of acne and skin.

Comment

If you are low on cash right now, then you can go on google and youtube for some advice on treatment but the things is, you have to be very careful and considers a lot of things as mentioned above (skin type, type of acne, causes, etc.) before coming up with the products that you're gonna use.

Comment

• JollyFilly
                  JollyFilly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you also do this when you're low on cash? Self treatment with face skin issues? though looking at your profile, I don't think you are someone who suffers from acne and such as you have a really clear smooth face.
              Working...
              X